Let It Ride Poker Rules
Let it ride games use a standard set of rules which is used at all casinos. The rules are quite simple which makes let it ride and easy game to learn. As a player you only have two decisions to make. The game also uses standard poker hand rankings which are explained below.
- The game is played with one 52 card deck
- The player makes three identical bets
- Each player is dealt three cards face down
- The player may take one bet back or let it ride
- The dealers first card is revealed
- The player may let it ride or take one bet back
- The dealers second card is revealed
- Any winning bets are paid
Optional Side Bet Rules
Some let it ride games have an optional side bet for a jackpot or a specific set of bonus pays. The side bet is usually $1. There are several variations on the side bet. The most common is a bonus pay for wins starting at a 3 of a kind or better. If you want to play the bonus you must place the $1 side bet on the side bet position before the cards are dealt.
Poker Hand Rankings
The following are the standard poker hand rankings listed high to low. You need to learn these if you are going to play let it ride as you have to know what makes up a winning hand.
- Royal Flush (An ace high straight flush)
- Straight Flush (Five consecutive cards of the same suit)
- Four of a Kind (Four cards of the same value)
- Full House (Three of a kind and a pair)
- Flush (Five cards of the same suit)
- Straight (Five consecutive cards unsuited)
- Three of a Kind (Three cards of the same value)
- Two Pair (Two pairs of cards of the same value)
- Pair (Two cards of the same value) *Only pairs of 10's or better pay
How To Play
Now that you know that game rules learn how to play let it ride with our quick start guide to the game. We teach you everything you need to know to walk into a casino and start playing.