Let It Ride Poker Strategy & Tips
One of the great things about let it ride poker is that correct strategy is easy to learn. Unlike blackjack basic strategy there are only a few strategic rules you ned to learn to get the most out of the game. While you may be tempted to deviate from these rules it is recommended you stick to them.
Once you receive your first three cards you should only let it ride if you have one of the following hands.
- A winning hand (At this stage either 10's or better or 3 of a kind)
- Three cards to a royal flush
- Three consecutive suited cards
- Three cards to a straight flush with at least 2 high cards
- Three cards to a straight flush with at least 1 high card
Dealers First Card
Once the dealer reveals their first card you should only let it ride if you have one of the following hands.
- A winning hand (10's or better, two pair, 3 of a kind, 4 of a kind)
- Four cards to a royal flush
- Four cards to a straight flush
- Four cards to a flush
- Four cards to an outside straight
- Four to an inside straight with 4 high cards (10's or higher)
If you are new to poker games you might not know what an inside and outside straight are. An outside straight is a hand where you have four consecutive cards. A straight can then be made with either a higher card or a lower card. For example 5,6,7,8 - a 4 or a 9 makes a straight.
An inside straight is a hand where you have four cards with a gap in the middle. For example 10, Q, K and A unsuited. The only card that makes the straight is the straight in this case is a J. Obviously you have more chances to make an outside straight compared to an inside straight.